I'm beginning to understand what the quoter "Time waits for no man" must have been feeling when they made these words famous. August and summer has flown by, and I'm left wondering what's happened since my last entry.
School has begun, and I'm now an official cross country assistant coach. With high school and middle school, we've got around 40-50 runners of all shapes, abilities, levels of laziness. We practice everyday at 3:30-5 to 6 p.m., and Hadlee goes with me about half of the time. It's nice to get out of the house, and to think about someone other than myself or family. I thought coaching would be easy, the kids would be motivated, and that I could really make a difference. I am now realize that I know very little about coaching, running, and how to deal with high schoolers. I guess one of the few advantages that I have is that I am excited, have a fresh point of view and have a sincere desire to make them better athletes. Enough of that.
On Labor Day weekend, we went to Pineview Reservoir in Ogden Valley Utah with our friends Clay/Jen Geilman. They have a 4 yr old girl and 1 1/2 year old boy. We went jet skiing, and played on the beach. After Pineview, we stayed at my Uncle Clark's Dairy Barn. This is no ordinary barn, it has been fixed up nicely. It has ping pong, pool, basketball, t.v.s, tons of toys for the babes, kitchen, shower. It has it all. We stayed there mostly, playing games and relaxing. I would live there if I could. We had a great time.
My 24th birthday was last week, and we went to the Blackfoot Fair. I hadn't been there since my 10th birthday, and I don't think it's changed. We had fun eating almost every fair food, scones, funnel cake, turkey leg, to name some. We had family friends showing their horses, so we watched them, saw the animals, exhibits, games, rides, people watching, everything. We had a good time, and was exhausted by the end.
Hadlee has had another one of those virus' that caused a week long fever. It gets up into the 102's everynight, which is miserable for all of us. I think it's mostly gone now. She is so adorable, she tries to crow like the rooster, and does other animal sounds, says Bumpa, has 2 teeth, has walked about 20 steps total on her own, is only eating sweets, cheese, olives and grapes, and likes to sing while she rides her 4-wheeler.
Ryan has kept busy. He's wiring a house for our friend in Malad, we're tearing down an old cabin and he's doing shutdown at Nucor for extra cash, besides managing our business. Ryan is working so hard, I don't think I've been appreciative enough.
I've saved the best news for last... We are buying a house. We close on it on Oct. 1. It is a very small home, around 1000 sq. ft., 2 bed/1 bath, old but kept well by a widow who is moving into senior apartments, in a bad location, the library and park are literally next door! We're really excited though. The price was right, and will hopefully be a good investment. Pictures to come...
3 comments:
Bobbi, it sounds like you guys are keeping so busy. I bet you are a great coach, wow those days of running seem long gone for me. Now I'm lucky if I get in some yoga and a trip to the gym every week. My mom said that she saw you at the fair, it's funny I've actually never been to the Blackfoot fair. Congrats on getting a house. I will be home from Sept 23- Oct 9 so we definitely need to catch up (plus you can see my big tummy in person). Take care! ~Meag
Hey Bobbi! Just so you know I did try and call (a day late) to wish you a happy birthday. I didn't forget, I promise.
That's awesome about the new house! Did your house up here sell?
Love and miss you guys!
Oh and I'm loving the new look of your page too!
Post a Comment