Boy, has it been a busy summer. Here's a synopsis of what we've been up to since I posted last:
June9-13th- Girls trip across Idaho. We cycled from Alta, WY to Rexburg, to Arco, to Mountain Home, to Homedale, to Oregon border. It took us 5 days, 385 miles, averaging 70 to almost 90 miles per day. It was tons of fun. We definitely had some sore behinds, but surprisingly our backs and necks were the most knotted up. No major wrecks, not ONE flat tire!, only went through one truck transmission (but thanks to some great guys, it was a minor inconvienence!!) and everyone is still friends. So I say it was a success!! Sorry I have no pictures, they'll have to come later, and know that I am severely limited on the pictures I can choose due to the exposure of some individuals wearing spandex!!!!
Next Adventure: June 16th thru the 19th Island Park/ Yellowstone! I took the girls (Ryan worked :( ) Delaney had her 3 children, no Nate, and my parents. We stayed at their cabin, the Ugly Duckling, in Island Park.
June9-13th- Girls trip across Idaho. We cycled from Alta, WY to Rexburg, to Arco, to Mountain Home, to Homedale, to Oregon border. It took us 5 days, 385 miles, averaging 70 to almost 90 miles per day. It was tons of fun. We definitely had some sore behinds, but surprisingly our backs and necks were the most knotted up. No major wrecks, not ONE flat tire!, only went through one truck transmission (but thanks to some great guys, it was a minor inconvienence!!) and everyone is still friends. So I say it was a success!! Sorry I have no pictures, they'll have to come later, and know that I am severely limited on the pictures I can choose due to the exposure of some individuals wearing spandex!!!!
Next Adventure: June 16th thru the 19th Island Park/ Yellowstone! I took the girls (Ryan worked :( ) Delaney had her 3 children, no Nate, and my parents. We stayed at their cabin, the Ugly Duckling, in Island Park.
This cabin has a past with my family. My grandparents and aunt bought it years ago. I have very fond memories of going there, especially with just my granparents. After my grandparents passed away, my aunt had it for a long time. Within the last few years, she upgraded to a newer cabin, offered the Ugly Duckling to my parents, who didn't buy it at the time. Last year, it came up for sale, and my parents and siblings jumped on it and bought it. So now, I occasionally get to relive some of my favorite memories, and my girls get to experience it too! You can wake up now, I'm done explaining!!
My 2 aunts and some of their families also came up this weekend, so it was a Kammeyer Reunion! We had great food, visited, went to Yellowstone, the great grandkids got to know each other better, it was fun. I hope it turns into an annual event!! This trip taught me something though; I am and wouldn't make a good single mother! I'd go crazy! Good thing Ryan plans on keeping me around!!
Next event: July 2nd Welsh Festival and Biathlon. The X-C team sponsors a biathlon. It went well, without too many hiccups. We made (hopefully) enough money for the year! Ryan competed in it, but was feeling poorly. He looked so pale, and he said that he was so sick, if you look closely in the bike pic, you can tell!!
Right after the Biathlon, we headed to Boise for the 4th of July. It was great; Ryan went golfing, we got to see baby Rachel, go to the drive-in movie in Parma (we saw Kung-fu panda 2; good and part of the newest Pirates of the Caribbean; okay, we were too tired to stay), eat a lot, go shopping, visit, and the 4th festivities.
We went to the Melba parade. I have to say; it was the longest parade I've ever been to. I think that every person in Melba was in their parade! It was fun, there was a lot of candy thrown, and Hadlee got an orange soccer shirt that she has taken a keen liking to! We then rested at home (While Ryan went golfing again!) then went back to the fireworks in Melba. If you haven't gone to the Melba Fireworks, you are missing out. They are great, especially "Great Balls of Fire" you just have to see it to understand. Overall the trip was great! I love going up there, and as I've said a million times... those Summers' know how to pack in a weekend!! Sorry no pictures, I'll have to see if Ryan's family got any, we forgot our camera!
After we came home on Tuesday the 5th, I left again (without Ryan, he's too hard of a worker!) on a campout in Daniels area. We went on wagon rides, hiking, playing in Daniels reservoir, made good food, and more visiting! Again, a lot of fun! No pictures, hopefully Delaney has some!
Since that event, I've been taking a breather, and getting ready for my next events; Samaria Blue Goose chase and Girls camp. I'm excited to do both, and hopefully they'll be successful. I'll update on those as they come up!
Ryan has been super busy! Between school (summer online classes, psych 101 and english 101) and building a cabin, and finishing our bedroom, and 2 more building projects after the cabin is done. He is well deserved exhausted every night! I couldn't ask for a better man!
So below are a few of our pictures; if you have any of the 4th of July, bike trip or the Wagon camping trip let me know, as I am a terrible mother who seldom takes pictures!!
The pictures below are: 1st corn of the summer. Hadlee loves the corn, Aezlyn not so much! Yellowstone with my family, at the pots!






The Pictures above: More Yellowstone, at Old Faithful (which was at least 15 minutes late, which is forever for 5 hungry grandkids!)
Picture of almost all of the Kammeyer Great Grandkids; Laney's three kids, Jason's one of two children, my rugrats, and Heather's two kids. We were minus 7 great grandchildren, this was as close as we were going to get!
Below Pictures: Cute shots of my girls in front of the fire at my aunt Diane's cabin in Island park. Ryan and the girls in the a.m.(or maybe not so a.m.!)




Below Pictures: Hopscotch Sprinklers, and boy that water is cold!
Hadlee and their new pink adrianock chairs (Ryan couldn't help himself!)
Our girls in their Sunday dresses! 


The Pictures above: More Yellowstone, at Old Faithful (which was at least 15 minutes late, which is forever for 5 hungry grandkids!)
Below Pictures: Cute shots of my girls in front of the fire at my aunt Diane's cabin in Island park. Ryan and the girls in the a.m.(or maybe not so a.m.!)
Below Pictures: Hopscotch Sprinklers, and boy that water is cold!
No comments:
Post a Comment