You heard me right, MOVING... Where you might ask? Malad! Who would have guessed that our lives would take us back to Malad, Idaho. Home of the Chat n' Chew (now out of business), Most lotto tickets sold in Idaho, Malad Dragons, and the Famous Dude Ranch Cafe.
How did this come about? Well, one day Ryan was searching for business opportunities on the internet, and he found a medical oxygen supply company. He looked at the statistics of the company, and was very impressed. Upon looking at where the company was located, he yelled for me to come see. The business was in Malad, and 1/2 a mile from my parents home. Yes, Scott's Service was for sale. Ryan checked further into the business, and really liked what he saw, and after 2 trips to Malad, weeks of deliberation, offers and counter offers, and serious reflection on whether we would go crazy in Malad or not, we bought it!
So, now it's April 11, 2008, and I'm here in my beautiful home, in Boise, home of the famous foothills, greenbelt, river, any restaurant or shopping place you can think of within 5 minutes of driving, typing for the last time. Sad you may wonder? Yes and No. Sad to be leaving all of my new friends, ward, ward calling, family, location, ammenities, and lovely home. Excited to leave subdivision rules and whistleblowers, traffic everywhere, slow moving housing market, and having all of those fun shops and stores that are so easy to spend money and are so close. Excited to go home, family, open spaces, new business opportunity, simpleness of being in country, see Hadlee be a country girl. Not excited for: bugs. Amidst all of the downfalls and perks of moving to Malad, we'll open our eyes and hearts to whatever comes our way and embrace our future.
So, here's my memorium to our home and Boise, sad to leave what we leave behind, but looking to tomorrow.
5 comments:
Bobbi I am so sad you are gone. I looked at your house today, and thought how sad I am that your family has moved. We wish you luck in Malad and hopefully we'll see your family soon. When you come to visit we will have to go running with our babies in our strollers. I was looking forward to that, but hopefully we still can sometime.
Bobbi, you will be missed. I wish your family the best of luck in Malad. Who knows maybe we will run into you in Liberty sometime... best of luck!!
Too crazy!! I'm excited this means that I can see you on my trips home. Isn't it crazy where life takes us. I never would have thought Mississippi, you probably never thought Malad. Your house in Boise is/was beautiful, I'm sure you will miss it and all the great things Boise does have to offer, but I'll tell you what, nothing beats family and open spacesn(at least that's what I think). So hopefully I'll see you in June!
We are totally going to miss you. We wish lots of luck, and are so happy that you get to be close to your family.
Hey Bobbi! Keep us posted on how everything is going. Hope all is well!
Post a Comment