I am not very good at this blogging thing as most of you can tell. I added some cute pictures of Hadlee and of Mother's day, but they showed up at the bottom. So please look at the bottom of the page and you'll see our cutie.
Anyway, we're here in Malad, living with my parents. It is has been really fun to live on a farm again, I think even Ryan can't contest this. We go out a couple times a day to do various things on the farm, whether it's checking a horse that's due any day, or checking the water for the new chicks, or even just to let Hadlee see and pet the animals. I guess it's still fun for us, since we haven't had to do any REAL work on it yet. Our time is coming. It does feel fufilling to be here, it seems like the right place for us to be right now. The weather has been crappy pretty much since we moved here, but it's improving all the time, and maybe the wind will leave us alone sometime.
We put money down on some property by my brother Kevin. It's 10 acres, flat with a ditch running near the road, and not a patch of good grass on it. It does grow real good weeds though! It's going to be a lot of work, but we're excited to have our own patch to play on. We plan on planting some trees now, and building, who knows when? We're kind of in a hard place because we have to sell our house before we can begin building a home.
We're grateful for our many blessings, which especially include our families. My parents are being so patient and kind for letting us intrude upon their schedule, eat their food, ask for their babysitting skills, and borrow their car. We can never repay them for their generosity, but we are thankful. I never realized how hard it would be to move from Boise, I thought it would be easy to go home. There are many things I miss, but the most is Ryan's family. I didn't realize how much I loved them and all of the crazy, fun things and traditions they do until we left. They accepted me with open arms, and I miss them a lot. We do get to see Ryan's sister Michelle a lot more often, she lives in Woods Cross and we've seen her a couple times now. I'm excited to get to know her and the rest of the Garner family better.
Enough of my thank-a-mony. We love being here, and Hadlee loves it here! She loves the animals, especially the cats and dogs. I couldn't ever convince Ryan to get a cat, but he's already admitted that we'll get one now that Hadlee loves them so much. Hadlee is crawling, jabbering up a storm, throwing little tantrums, eating everything in sight, and has a very easy going personality. She had a 9 month Dr. appointment, the results: Weight: 15 lb 9 oz. (5th percentile, the dr. said she's healthy though, and it's normal her to curb off for awhile) height: 27 inches (50%, and 2 inch increase from last time!) She appears healthy and normal, so we're happy.
3 comments:
I've been waiting to hear how things in malad are. I'm glad you guys are liking it so far. I'll be home from June 1-12 so we should def get together, even if it's just drive-in shakes and catching up! Hadlee is looking so cute!
I'm glad everything is working out. Have you sold your house yet?
Bobbi it was fun to hear from you and get an update. I am happy to hear that you guys are doing well. From the pictures it looks very pretty and green there. We miss you over here!
Post a Comment