Thursday, June 5, 2008

Living in the Country!



Well, we've officially lived in the country for almost 2 months. Ryan has moved pipe, helped wrangle some calves, is fencing, shot at a skunk a little ways from the house, ridden in a horse-drawn wagon, and herded animals, ate at the Dude Ranch, and is working on his redneck slang. A country boy? Not yet, but a good start!! As for myself, I'm already beginning to feel the small town/country life flow through my veins once again!


If you ask if we're bored yet, I'd tell you that it's not boring but just a different lifestyle. Instead of going to movies, dinner, the mall or big city activities, we watch movies and eat at home a lot, my dad always has a little chore for us to do, or the animals need something. It's a different kind of fun.

*Hadlee and her new

Pool!!**



Some of Ryan's family have already come to visit. A couple weeks ago, Ryans sister Michelle, and her family came. We had a regular rodeo. They rode a mule, had a wagon ride, went 4-wheelin in the mountains, and saw all of the animals. I think they had a good time. Blake and Katie came yesterday to bring my Dad a new satallite system and t.v. It was nice to see them for the day. I'll put on more pictures later!!

We're already getting involved in the community, whether we wanted to or not. I'm the assistant coach for the high school x-country, and I'm helping to put on a triathlon relay as a fundraiser in a few weeks. It should be a lot of fun. I don't think I'm too qualified, but I have fresh ideas and want to make a difference. Ryan is getting to know a lot of people in the community, mostly old folks though!! He likes visiting everyone, he compares it to having 100 home teaching families because he visits the customers once a month! We already have to talk in sacrement in a few weeks, despite our attempts to avoid being noticed. Anyway, we like it here. It is so beautiful here right now, I've never seen it as green. I guess I'm biased though! Ryan thinks we must have made a mistake and moved to Wyoming, because it has been so windy since we came here. We miss Boise, but are trying to love it here too!

Picture of Hadlee (she ate spagetti)
and Katie and Hadlee.

1 comment:

Tory and Elizabeth said...

You make me miss the country life with all your descriptions. I forgot how much I miss that part of growing up until I started reading your description-I didn't grow up on farm, just surrounded by them.

It was also so fun to see you while on vacation, we miss you so much back here and hope you come to visit.