Monday, October 27, 2008

Moving again...

We're moving again. Don't worry though, it's a good move. We finally decided to buy a home instead of building. We were going to build a home, but we figured we should wait until business is a little more stable, and see what the economy does. In September, we began the house hunt, the only homes in our price range were in Malad city. We saw everything Malad had to offer. Luckily, a 90 year old widow was wanting to move to a smaller apartment, and sold her home to us for a good price.



The home was very well kept, the 60's carpet and wallpaper were in great condition. It was built in 1918, is a 2 bedroom/1 bath, 1023 sq. feet, yellow exterior, next to the library and park, and within walking distance to nearly every Malad business. Last week, Ryan's sister and bro-in-law (Michelle and Curt) came and we did a massive remodel. Our renovations on our cottage include, a fresh coat of paint, new carpet and linoleum, new tub, a hole in the wall between the kitchen and living room for a bar, and tile in the bathroom and kitchen. It's really cute, and I'm excited to finally have my own home. Thanks to Michelle and Curt's knowledge and awesome work ethic, we'll be moved in this week hopefully.



Besides all of the house things going on, we've been plenty busy with work, cross country, Hadlee and family. Cross-country ends on Saturday in Boise. I've had a great time coaching, I learned a lot, and realized how little I know about coaching and running. I think I'll do it next year, if they'll have me!



Hadlee is now 14 months, walking/running everywhere, jabbering, recognizes any sort of sweet and cries for it, will only eat cheese, meat, grammy's pancakes, and a few other foods, nods yes and no, and is becoming more independent. Hadlee is going to be Minnie Mouse for Halloween, and I daresay she's the cutest Minnie Mouse I've ever seen! We'll be in Boise for Halloween, but I'll be with my team, so Dad will have to take her trick-0r-treating.


We'll post pictures of our house and Hadlee soon, but I've been bad at taking pictures lately. Here's a few pictures of Hadlee from September. Her cousin Kiana gave her a rocking horse for her birthday. Last picture: Hadlee and cousin Esme wearing caps that Grandma Bobbie made for them!





2 comments:

Stephani said...

Hadlee is such a doll and getting so big - good luck with your "new house"!

meagan said...

You need to post some pictures of the house so we can see all of your remodeling work. Hope that you have fun at state CC! It was so much fun getting to see you while I was home!