Monday, July 6, 2009

Triathlon and 4th of July!


Hadlee is serious with her sparkler or bibbity bobity booer!



I'm on the ball with this blogging thing for the time being, cause I've got my 4th pictures already! The 4th is pretty big in Malad (not as big as Melba, but big for Malad!)
Ryan and I competed on a co-ed softball team, Critters (sponsored by the local Bar) Our shirts said Critters, and everyone kept teasing us about playing for a bar. Anyway, Ryan did really well. The team made lots of comments of how fast he was rounding the bases, and he had great plays offensive and defensive. Me on the other hand; I did catch one ball, and got to base a couple times. ( though most of the times I got on base were because I walked) I was a good cheerleader though. They only wanted me because I was a girl, and they were desperate. Our team won tournament, and it was fun. The only things bad were that Hadlee had to be babysat all day by my sister, because we were playing a lot of games, and she missed out on the kid races, and I was exhausted by the afternoon. We pooped out for the fireworks, Hadlee literally passed out like at 8 p.m. We watched them from our front yard.
Anyway it was a great time, we watched the parade at Annie's house with her family, and Laney and her fam. Kevin and my parents were in the parade, so it was fun for the kids to see them. Softball went on during the day, then we went to a birthday barbeque for Annie at her house. Then that's when we pretty much were done for the day. In the pictures below, notice Hadlee is still not smiling for pictures, but I promise she's smiling as soon as the flash goes off!
I love the 4th of July, but I think I was ready for it to be done. Why am I the 4th of July Grinch? Well, our house was inbetween the firework stand and the park. Those who've seen our house, know what a busy street and area we live in. For about 2 weeks leading up to the 4th, we've been massacred, no I better say bombarded, or torpedoed, by thousands of bottlerockets, whizdoodlers, and sounds like a war zone fireworks. Scottie has been so scared, I couldn't get him to go outside to go potty. He fox-holed under our bed for many days and nights. I finally took him to my mom's so he wouldn't be permantly scared (or scarred!) I've yelled at more kids shooting rockets into our backyard, I'm sure they think I'm the firework nazi. I had a few bad dreams about our chickens getting nailed, and actually checked on them during the night! Anyway, we came through casualty free, but next year, I might go on a vacation for the 4th!! Anyway, hope you like our pictures (notice that sparklers is as wild as we got!)

Well, I'm just about done being super busy, all I've got left for the summer is girls' camp in a few weeks. The triathlon during the Welsh Festival was a lot of fun, we had 10 more participants than last year. No one drowned or broke any bones. (except one lady who tripped getting into the water and thought she broke her toe, but it wasn't) It was a somewhat chilly morning, and luckily the water was warmer than the air, so the swimmers weren't dying of pneumonia. We raised around $300-$350 for my cross country team in 2 hours (not counting Tia and my endless hours), so I was really excited. Everyone gave good comments, and are excited for next year. Ryan competed it in for the 2nd time, and he did pretty good, other than he said that he was ready to quit after 10 yards of the swimming! He came in I think 4th in men's division. He's good to help support my crazy and oh-so-time-consuming events!Above: Before Below: After (still smiling)

3 comments:

meagan said...

You are wonder woman! I don't know how you keep up with everything. I did notice some kiddos around your house with fireworks on the 4th, I bet that did get old in a hurry. Glad that you had such a fun day- too bad I never bumped into you.

Ryan and GeAnna said...

Wow Bobbi, you have been busy. I don't blame you for being such a "grinch" about the 4th, I would be the same way.

jen cole said...

Bobbi, you need to write Hallmark cards! I know I've told you that before but I'm SERIOUS! Your blog is Cute (but not as cute as Hadlee) We miss her tons. We thought of you on the 4th, glad you want to go on vacation next year-come here. Hope baby Mesa (or however your going to spell it) is hanging on OK in that little belly. Love you guys! Jen Cole