Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Surviving a vacation!

Above: Here were are at Hard Rock Cafe, which has yummy food especially mac n' cheese!
Below: Dawson, he's just one funny dude! NOTE**These are very random pictures due to my unknowledgeableness of blogging, sorry!
Below: Ryan, Jayden and Ginger getting off a water ride at Universal Studios
Hadlee and her Daddy on the plane!

Above: our private swimming pool. l to r: hadlee, Michelle, Jayden, Cambrie, Mike, Cerese and Dawson.
Above: Hadlee really enjoyed her dinner!
Above: you can't really tell but we're wearing matching shirts that say "We are very Happy!" Ask me the story of the saying.
Above: Ryan, Hadlee and me. Notice that in all of the pictures, I have the crazy humidity hair do!
Above:Hadlee in the stroller with her new monkey. She had to have it! This is one of the few pictures where Hadlee is somewhat smiling with her eyes open (I'm going to shoot whoever told her that you smile with your eyes shut!) Below Hadlee and Ryan. They look pretty exhausted at this point!
Below: Hadlee and Seeping Beauty.
Below: Hadlee and Belle, Hadlee talked to most to Belle

We survived Disneyworld! We had an absolute blast from the plane ride out to the drama of coming home. We were gone for 10 days, staying 9 nights in Orlando and 1 night in Tampa on the coastline.
We left Malad on a Friday night, staying over at my sister, Laney's home. Woke up at like 4 am, sis drove us to the airport. Luckily, Hadlee passed out on take-off and didn't wake up until we landed in Chicago. We joined up with Ryan's parents for the other flight, so Hadlee stayed entertained for the second go round. After arriving at Tampa, we got our rental car (Why mention this trivial event, you'll see) This leads me to my new found travel tips;
TRAVEL TIP #1: Take a carseat with you, because it costs more to rent the carseat than it does to rent the car! No Joke. cost of car: $9/day (thanks to priceline!) + tax, carseat:$12/day
Our pad was awesome. Michelle (Ryan's sis) had gone a week earlier. When they arrived to check in at the 3 bed/2 bath condo, the condo was messy, cereal still in bowls, etc. Yata, yata, Michell was undoubtibly upset (which I would have done, but Michelle is the queen of getting good deals) and came out of the deal with a 4 bed/3 bath pool house, private pool for the entire stay. Sweet upgrade huh!
TRAVEL TIP #2: Don't allow yourself to be taken advantage of, beller till you get what you deserve! Right Michelle?
So, every day we got to swim, which was nice to relax off the days stresses, and miles of walking. I won't bore you with our daily schedules, but definitely some of the main highlights were seeing the animals at Animal Kingdom Disney, the Lion King show. At Magic Kingdom Disney, Hadlee got to ride a lot of the rides i.e. teacups, (which she rode twice in a row and didn't even get sick) Small World, (also twice), Pirates of the Carribean, and the best part: she saw some of the Princesses. Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella and Bell all were in one line. Hadlee even told them her name and gave them a hug. We know she'll never remember this, but it was so cute to see how excited she was.
Travel Tip #3: Get to these theme parks early, and somewhat schedule out what's most important to see, it's a lot funner that way! Especially waiting in line to see Princesses, which I think is probably one of the most popular attractions at Disney.
Other fun things: Going to the beach, it was a must rest day after running around the parks. The water parks were an absolute blast, especially the wave pool. I'll tell you though, I felt like I was one of those modesty extremests, I had on a tank top and shorts over my swimsuit. Everyone, or most girls and women (excluding our party) had on bikinis, even those who shouldn't have! I felt that even though I was pregnant, I would look a WHOLE lot better than they would! I loved seeing the different nationalities, lots of european and indians. The parades and fireworks were pretty sweet too!

One of the oddest things that happened was: we were at Disney Hollywood, we would take our lunches every day in a roller cooler.
TRAVEL TIP #4: Take a lunch and snacks if you can, we saved tons of money that way, especially when you pay like $6 for a little hot dog or something.
Anyway, Ginger (Ryan's Mom) had left the cooler in one of the gift shops and didn't realize it until one-half hour later. So Ginger went to get the cooler. Upon arrival at the gift shop, it was all locked up, so she started pounding. Finally someone let her in and the bomb squad was there, as a precaution thinking the cooler was a bomb. She heard someone say, call off the k-9 squad! ( my story is not 100% accurate, I have a bad memory, but it's pretty close!) They wouldn't let her take it until she identified everything in it. Funny huh? If she had been then 10 minutes later, the dogs would have had a great lunch!
TRAVEL TIP #5: NEVER leave your stuff behind, it might go to the dogs!

Following the Summers' tradition, we stuffed so many fun things into 10 days, that it would take hours to write. For being pregnant, and having a 1 year old on the trip, we held out pretty well besides a few minor problems. Hadlee only threw up in the car twice, (that shows that rental car company to charge us so much!) Ryan and I didn't have too many arguments, only got lost a few times, only getting delayed on our flights 3 or 4 times, my sister had the misfortune of having a family member mistakenly taking our car keys without her knowing, and she searched for 3 days trying to find them, only having to have a spare made, (Thanks again Laney!) the rest of the family is still talking to us, no major injuries or wrecks, didn't have to put anything on our credit card, and didn't get put in jail for bombing DisneyWorld, so I think it could be classified as a great vacation. So Thanks Michelle and Ginger for inviting us and planning such a awesome time, we loved it!!
P.S. There will be more pictures, but I am losing my attention span. And I have lots more to blog about since our vacation i.e. Ragnar Relay, so keep posted!

No comments: