(I'm apologizing in advance for this post. Besides being extremely pregnant oozing with all sorts of hormones, I'm re-reading the Twilight Saga, which is written in first person, journal-type, very dramatic/descriptive style. Hate to love those books right?!)
We're at that point... The point where I realize that we're on the edge of major changes, the precipice. As excited as I am for the new addition to my family, I'm beginning to realize that this comfy spot we're at in life will no longer be the same. It's almost sad to think about it. I feel like I didn't have enough time with just Hadlee, I didn't enjoy my semi-freedom with one child, and I'm not caught up with Hadlee's photo album! How am I ever going to handle two? Will my basketball belly ever be the same? How will I ever run or train for another marathon pushing a double stroller? Do we really have to convert to a van?
Breathe!
Back to the rational side of things... We'll be fine. I've had 10 months to adjust to the thought of another child, now it's our turn to step up to the plate. We pray that all will go well with the labor, Hadlee will adjust, and that we'll have another easy child. (I can hear your "good luck with that one" and "no two are alike" thoughts) For now, the "We hope"s and "I wonder"s will consume our thoughts and conversations until the baby actually comes. Check in a week or so to see if we're still sane. I guess we need to appreciate this reflective time of the big breath before the leap.
3 comments:
I am so glad you are enjoying the quiet before the storm. I will be in Malad for a month (I know it's a long time) but that means I will just be hanging out and can offer you ANY help you need (plus I'll want to sneak a peak at that adorable new baby). Hope everything goes smoothly and safely!
Good luck Bobbi! I can only imagine those feelings, and I think I would feel the same way. Good luck with the delivery and these last few days of just one!
Hey Bobbi,
I was just wondering today if you had had your little one yet. Let me know if you need anything, I will gladly bring you dinner (& diapers)I hope all goes well for you. Don't worry about your belly, mine was completly ruined w/ Caleb, but I look at him and know that he was worth it all! And no worries you don't have to buy a van, there are many alternitives to getting one. Buy a huge diesel truck or a crossover. We bought a truck that seats 6 and it gets the same fuel mileage as a van. I refuse to buy a van.
Post a Comment