I have worms. Yes, you heard me correctly, worms. According to a naturopathic, wholistic, got some sort of certification from who knows where, Mr Womack, (Dr.??) I've got parasites and round worm in my blood. Before I continue though, I want to mention that I'm sure there are some truths to the services they provide, I am just very skeptical, and I am not trying to degrade anyone who goes there or believes in it. Anything can happen when you believe.
Why would I go to somewhere like this? Well, we traded O2 tanks for services at the local Whole Health Medical office, so I went there to use the tanning bed (Oh by the way, it should also lower my cholesterol :)) and the owner told me that I could pretty much have any service done because of the trade. He continued to show me the procedures I could have done, including colon cleansing, chiropractic, massage, O2 injected into arthritic or areas that need to heal, acupuncture, and other various questionable healing services.
Anyway, he told me I should get a blood test done. I agree thinking it would be good to get a baseline of my cholesterol (to really see if the tanning bed could work) and or maybe my chem 12. He took a few drops of my blood and smeared them on a microscopic slide, set the slide under a microscope which was hooked up to a t.v. and we looked at my blood. I don't know what the heck I was looking at, but I saw weird things, he said that I definitely had round worm and some parasites in my blood. They were affecting my energy levels, by eating healthy cells. How I attained these cell killers was probably thru the water. (So anyone who's drank Malad water, watch out!!) Treatment would either be taking pills (which he didn't recommend due to me breastfeeding) or a treatment called audiofrequency therapy (hooking me up to a machine that sends audiofrequencies thru my body and only kills the parasites and worms) three times a week for 2 hours each time. I told him I had to research it a bit before committing to anything.
We talked to some people who work in the lab, and they told us that to see parasites (ex. giardia) they had to send samples to a special lab, apply dyes, and use expensive, high tech equipment to see it, and roundworms are in the intestine, not in blood. The internet failed to help the wholistic man's case. He did have me scared for a moment. I don't know what he showed me on the t.v., but it was weird.
So watch out everyone, you too may have worms!!
Here is a condensed list of what's going on, so you don't have to read a novel of the little things going on.
What's new...
I finally joined Facebook. Will I keep up with it? We'll see. If I don't have you as a friend, take no offense, I don't know what I'm doing, or how to work it. If you want to ignore me, I won't be offended. There you have it.
Aezlyn has double ear infection. The only s/s she had was excessive, constant crying. No fever, nothing. I'm glad the medication is working, and the crying has lessened. We about put her up for adoption :).
Ryan Started his EMT class. He's gone on Tues/Thurs for 4 hours. It's not been bad so far, Thank goodness for Grandma and Grandpa's house!
We've been trying to sell Ryan's work truck, and have it down at Michelle's in Woods Cross, so here in Malad, we only have one vehicle. Ryan has it to work with, so I'm vehicleless until we decide what we're going to do next. I'm so mad though, not one person has seriously inquired about the truck, even though it's lower than book value. We're surviving with only one car, at least I can't go spend money.
Ryan had a procedure done on his esophagus, to fix his swallowing problem. They scoped him, and said that one part was only 1 cm in diameter, it's like swallowing food through a straw. Can you believe it. No wonder, Ryan is still alive. The dr. couldn't believe that Ryan has lived with it this long and not received medical help. They think he has eosinophillic esophagitis, or allergic reaction. They dilated the areas that were small, and ryan has to take like 5 different meds. We'll see if this helps. Ryan was hilarious when he woke up. He asked some silly questions, had a few hallucinations, and just acted funny. The first request he had after coming out of surgery was a Mountain Dew. Now we know that Mountain Dew is really an addiction for him.
2 comments:
Wow Bobbi, that is insane!! I think to a degree everyone has parasites...and we are all still alive and well. You are also completly right roundworms are in the intestines!! I would have been scared too, that is a lot to take in at one visit. I wouldn't worry too hard about what he said. Thanks for the warning, I dont think I will ever go there :) I hope Azelyn and Ryan are doing better. Good luck selling your truck!
Love the update. Sorry about the whole worm scandal. Not fun. I am temporarily with no car as well. Kind of different, but we are surviving, like you said it keep me from spending. Your girls are too cute, I can't help but think what great friends they would have been, had we both been in Boise still.
Post a Comment