We've had a busy August and September, having to remember everything that we've done is kind of overwhelming. So, please excuse my bad memory!
August: Ryan left on his mancation for a 9 day Oregon Coast to San Fran, biking 6 of those days. I was really proud of him and his buddies, they biked the entire Oregon Coast from Cannon Beach to Brookings. They had a great time, ate a lot of food, wore the shorts, created some good memories, and Ryan came home happy! How did his family fare while he was gone? We survived. No, it wasn't too bad, I spent a lot of time with my family and didn't accomplish anything!
Right before Ryan left, we got the Van bug, we are now owners of a 2006 Honda Odessey. I have to admit that I like it, especially how Hadlee can climb in herself, I don't have to hoist up Aez as high, the better gas mileage, and it's comfortable.
Cross Country started Mid-August and it's beginning to wind down. I am very lucky to have Erin Hawkes and Wade Christofferson helping coach. This year we've got around 20 high schoolers and 14 middle schoolers. Our numbers are down, but it was expected with a $150 pay to play fee. I really enjoy coaching, I get to run with them occasionally, which I love. I have to take the girls to the practices, so there's never a dull moment.
I like to think of myself as a mother hen, because I have to keep track of quite a few kids besides my own and I feel like I'm always trying to; keep kids from getting lost, encouraging, answering the same questions 10 times, constantly gathering, and trying to keep them happy and healthy!
Ryan's happenings
Ryan has been busy with our business and has been doing a few side jobs. He's built a barn add-on, a pretty big pavillion (that looks really nice!) and just recently began building a bathroom, closet addition for us! Yay!!! We currently have 1 bathroom that has been wallpapered a couple times, painted over top, no fan; so there's moisture drips on the walls. The old owner was a widow who lived on her own, so the bathroom didn't see the use that it does now. We're adding a bathroom so our current bathroom doesn't need to be redone as soon, it's a small space and I'm tired of waiting to use the bathroom. Anyway, Ryan's hard at work and he has put up the plywood on the outside. After the outside is finished, we'll take our time to do the inside, as we have $$ for it. I'm excited.
Hadlee
Hadlee started preschool a couple weeks ago. A couple mothers and I take turns to teach twice a week for 2 hours. Hadlee has loved it so far, and has learned a bit already!
Hadlee has become quite the sneak. One more than one occasion, I'll come in from working, find Ryan and Aezlyn asleep on the couch, and Hadlee eating a Popsicle or eating fruit snacks. (this is before 10am!) She'll wait until Ryan is sleeping to do it!
Hadlee had a great 3 year birthday! We were in Malad, my parents and Kevin and Annie came, Ryan's mom and dad, with Michelle's family. We had a bbq, opened presents, cake, then to Downata. Hadlee got: pj's, and barbie from G and G Summers, a towel, clothes and piano from G and G Wangsgard, Horse and necklace from Kevin and Annie, Tutu outfit from Michelle's clan, princesses, scooby dolls, stick horse, coloring stuff from us, bubbles and bubble machine from Laney's crew, scooby movies and games from Aunt Yan (maryann). Pretty much she is spoiled rotten! Laney came up a few days later and we had a water party with cupcakes. Good birthday. If you can't tell, Cerese and I made a mermaid cake. I thought we did pretty good.
Hadlee"isms"
We went to a Community exchange put on by the church (everyone brought DI items, then on a designated day there's a free yard sale) Hadlee got a couple toys and called it the "Church Store"
She calls her athletic shoes; "Cross Country shoes"!
Won't let purple be anyone else's favorite color!
Someone taught her "your not my friend anymore!"
Still says t instead of k but only for the first k. examples: stunk (skunk), titty (kitty), turch (church)
Likes to say "Capeche"
I'm not sweetheart, or Hadlee bug, I'm Hadlee Big Girl Summers!
Aezlyn
Finally becoming a Daddy's girl! After 9 months of constant holding, and not just anyone holding her, only me, I think I deserve a break. She's allowing Ryan, my mom and sometimes dad to hold her. She's gone from crawling to taking steps in a matter of a week or two. It's so fun to watch her become more brave, she really has no fear. She is talking a lot more, loves to sing, especially to Little Mermaid, barks like a dog, patty cakes, gives kisses, and waves. She weighs 19 lbs 8 oz. and size 3 shoes. Aezlyn loved swimming, being outdoors, loves cats. We go for a walk at least once a day, we have a route that includes visiting a few homes that have cats. She loves to grab their tails and ears especially! Aezlyn's favorite things to eat: dirt, rocks (it's more than just eat one handful and quit, she eats handfull after handful!), dogfood (if she can get her hands on it) and just about any food. She's got a very healthy appetite.
1 comment:
Oh my heck Bobbi I can't believe how big Hadlee is nor can I get over her wayyy blonde hair. You have such cute girls.
P.S. We should get together sometime. I haven't seen you in FOREVER.
Post a Comment