Friday, November 5, 2010

Fall!!

How in the world do you get to see the pictures??? I am so retarded, all I see is the wording. If you know the trick (I think I'll be the last one to catch on!) please let the slow one know!!!
So, until I can learn how to do this, you will see my pictures backwards. Highlights of the pictures... my girls of course, especially notice who has become Hadlee's canvas, my good looking, hard working man, and Aezlyn's bottom teeth!!























October was gone in a flash. Here's what's been going on with the Summers of Malad, Idaho!:
Late September/Early October: Hadlee started joyschool. There were a couple mothers in our area that put together a joyschool (I mostly attended the meeting and agreed upon what was said!) for Tues/Wednesday 9:30 am to 11:30 am. It's been so fun for Hadlee, who normally likes to sleep in till late, will jump up to get ready as soon as I say "Preschool today!" I think she's learning a lot, though every A-Z letter says bbbb..., and A is really now triangle with legs (I apologize other mothers for teaching them that!) and the only letters she can write are still H and an occasional o or a'ish sort of letter. (I know she is smarter than she lets on, she'll frequently sing a song she's learned or recognize a letter. :)))

Highlights of the Halloween season was; we got a lawn blowup witch. Hadlee was obsessed it, and always had to give it hugs or wave to it. We got a few other Halloween decorations; both girls really liked them, or in Aez's case; maul them! With the weather being so nice, we've been outside a lot, enjoying the changing colors and fall decor.

I was especially spoiled by Ryan, he sent me to Las Vegas to see Phantom of the Opera. It was a fast trip, my plane left SLC at noon, and I flew back at 6:30 the next morning. Ryan's parents picked me up from the airport (they drove down with Michelle, who instigated the whole thing! Thanks Mike, Ginger, and Michelle) As always with the Summers', we had a lot of fun in little time. We stayed at Curt's sister's house. Michelle's in-laws were so kind, they made dinner and drove me to the airport the next morning at 5 am!!! So, that night; we arrived early at the strip, walked around, then came Phantom. It was so awesome! We had great seats, directly below the Chandler, which almost fell on us, and the Phantom's feet almost touched my head!! I sat next to Ginger, and I know that the whole time the both of us were just awestruck, with permasmiles. I loved it. It was worth every penny, and I thoroughly enjoyed the chance to not have to be responsible for 3 other bodies. Even though we were walking past 1,000's of people on the strip, my stress level was just about zero, ahh... freedom! Don't get me wrong, I missed my girls and Ryan, but for the first time since Aez was born, I was just me.

Next week was Halloween. We pretty much celebrated, and the girls were in their costumes almost every day. From the cute Library story hour carnival, school carnival, couples' party, trunk-or-treat and Halloween, we had a good time. Hadlee broke from the normal princess mode to a princess witch, (inspired by our lawn decor!) we borrowed the costume from a friend. Aezlyn was a puppy, horse and pj pig. For the couple's party; Ryan was Joe Dirt (a very good one, mullet and all!) and I was a vampirish something! Halloween, we started at 3:30 pm at the trunk or treat, and was done trick-or-treating by 6 pm. Ryan's sister, Wendi, and her daughter, Kiana, came up. It's always nice to have them up, it made Halloween a lot more enjoyable.

The next day (true Halloween) was Aezlyn's 1 year birthday!!! After church, we went to my parents house. Laney brought her kids up from Utah, and Kevin and Annie and their two girls came out. Aezlyn was spoiled rotten, she got; a pillow pet, (which she adores, Ryan caught her cuddling it when she woke up from her nap) cute, purple clothes and Halloween skirt from the Garner's, a computer toy and books from Maryann, 2 dolls from the Nalder's, (which Hadlee has exercised the big sister law, until Aezlyn can put up a good fight for them!) a name block, bow holder and jammies from my ever-so crafty sis-in-law, Annie, adorable clothes from my parents and books, and from us; books, a puzzle, ball, and clothes. With most of these item, with the exception of the clothes, Hadlee has confiscated them until further notice! We had a rainbow cake, which I made.(it wasn't as good as Stephanie's or Jennifer's, but still pretty cute.) Aez didn't dig into the cake very much, she was surprisingly shy and dainty. It was a lot of fun. As you can tell, my nieces and nephews probably enjoyed it more than Aezlyn did, while she was opening presents, they were "helping" her every second!

Now that it's November, I've been looking forward to slowing down a bit. We are doing a remodel on our house, adding a master bathroom and closet. I can't tell you how excited I am for this!!! If any of you have ever had to wait to use the bathroom, can sympathize with me; having one bathroom is a challenge! We are painting now, tile tomorrow/monday, and floors next week!! Ryan is so great, he's done all of the work (with a few local construction guys, who've been awesome help) himself, except for the mud and tape.

Anyway, I could go on forever, but we are loving this warm weather, keeping busy and hoping that things will keep doing well!!

1 comment:

Nicole Beeton said...

Little Aezlyn looks just like her Mommy! How adorable. Both of your girls are so dang cute!