Friday, January 2, 2009

2008 gone already?

I can't tell you how fast time has flown by for my family and me. We've been extremely busy between work, holidays and remodeling that I haven't thought much about this blog. Here's our latest scoop...
Hadlee is 16 1/2 months old. She still only wants treats, olives and whatever else is sugar and sodium filled, and can detect the slightest sound of candy wrapper crinkling, will not allow any bow or headband to remain in her hair for any length of time, is partial to her pink pom pom snow boots, gives crazy facial expressions including oh mom look, loves her new dog, (details down) determined to sleep in mom and dad's bed every night, if she can't she puts up an awful good fuss, enjoys pulling out anything in any closet or cupboard, and loves her mornings with dad.

Ryan: Working hard on our office/shop, enjoys his lazy mornings with Hadlee, visits all of our clients each month or more frequent. He now knows more people in Malad than I do. He was invited to the old people apartments' Christmas party, given multiple fruit cakes, peanut brittle and various other snacks. Needless to say, most of our patients really like Ryan.

Bobbi: I received a new calling in our ward, mia maid advisor. I'm already loving it and the girls. I applied for a job at the hospital here, and I think they're taking me on just for on-call/float. I'm figuring that out next week. I've been reading like mad, mostly classics, historical fiction. If you have any good suggestions, let me know, I'm always in the mood for a good book. Ryan also gave me the BBC Jane Austen movies (which they're all made in the 80's, with wild music and bad sound, but I enjoy it all the same!) I'm a frequent visitor of the library which is less than a stone's throw. To my dismay, I haven't been exercising like I should. I'm too lazy to run in the mornings, and have no time during the rest of the day. Once my treadmill gets at my house, I hope I have a little more motivation.

We went to Boise for Thanksgiving. Almost all of the Summers' were there, we had to have it at the church to accomidate everyone. One of the things I love about Ryan's family is they are all very accepting and easy going. We ate, played games, and visited. A nice Turkey day for sure. The BIG event occured the following day. We woke up at 4:15 am and battled the lines at many of the major stores including Walmart, Target, and the Mall. I think we got everything we planned on without any major injuries or too long of lines. The whole weakend was pleasant and enjoyable.
Scottie the Dog: I've been wanting a dog since we moved to Malad, but I've was given strict guidelines. It had to be house-trained, good with kids, no bark, no shedding and small. These characteristics were met when I saw Scottie the min. schauzer on the internet. The price was right also (free) He is 3-4 years old, meets Ryan's specifications, was adopted by an old lady, who was passing away. The grandson was given charge of the dog, who already had 4 dogs and 9 children. So, when I saw him, I knew he was for us. I got him that day, and he's been gold (except for a few minor accidents at my mom's and Michelle's. Oops!) I can't get pictures on yet, but will soon. We love him, and he's been great with Hadlee and kids.
Christmas: This year Christmas was in Boise, we stayed at Ryan's parents' home. They do the whole nativity play w/ the grandkids, and pajama's from Santa. Ryan and I had to do most of our Christmas shopping for each other on Christmas eve. (Malad doesn't quite have everything Boise has to offer) Christmas morn, we opened presents then went to his sis' for breakfast. Hadlee got a shopping cart, clothes and other smaller things. Ryan: a shaver and walkie-talkies. Bobbi: slippers, and my coveted Jane Austen movies. Ryans' parents gave us a family book, which tells his family story. We love the time we can spend w/ the Summers' side, a little rowdy, loud, lots of good food, some grandkid is always bawling, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.
We got back to Malad on the 26th, where we exchanged presents with my parents. We got a wheat grinder and wheat. (I'm bound determined to make my own bread) Hadlee got, a cowgirl shirt and boots, books, and a my little pony. We had a quiet evening, but I loved it.
The rest of the holidays were pretty low-key, family and work kept us busy. I'm sorry I don't have pictures, but I can't find the right cords to hook up to the computer at this moment, I'll find them soon because I know that's what you really want to see!

No comments: