Sunday, August 30, 2009

August Happenins'



Augusts' just about gone, and time is flying. I can't believe that I'm almost 8 months pregnant, Hadlee is 2 years old, we've had our first cross country meet, I'm almost 25 years old, and fall is just around the corner. August has been fun though. This is our happenings this month.

I started cross country a couple weeks ago, between Tia and I have our hands full. I think we're up to 40 kids (middle and high school) We're working on getting them to be able to run 3 miles without walking, and then we'll work on speed. It's definitely a challenge, but we love it!

I'll go in this week to see my doctor. She seems pretty good, very casual which I like. She always walks in wearing converses' and makes me feel like pregnancy is a breeze.

Hadlee is so much fun right now. She has an amazing vocabulary, if only us adults could just understand what she's trying to say. No interest in the potty yet, other than sitting on it occasionally. We're not rushing the issue. She is so OBSESSED with princesses. All she wears is her princess outfit or princess pink outfits. Everything is pretty and a princess. I don't know where this came from, must be Ryan! The terrible two's has emerged, and we're now dealing with occasional tantrums, screaming, stubborness, meltdowns and all the rest. The hardest part of this attitude is that most of the time, she's upset over nothing. It's a good thing that Hadlee is so darn cute most of the time.

I mentioned earlier that we got Annie's sis to take pictures of us, well here's a few that I especially liked.
We went to Lagoon a week or 2 ago. I like Lagoon, but it is so much more fun with Hadlee and to see her have a good time. Quite a few of the rides, Hadlee had to go on her own, and she did really well. The winner was the bumper cars. Marissa was the driver, but Hadlee loved just being the passenger. It was blasting hot that day, but after spending $20 on drinks alone, it wasn't too bad.

Just last night, we went to Melissa Johnson's wedding reception. It was one of the most inviting and entertaining receptions I've ever been to. It was so nice to see all of my old buddies, and where they are in their life. I think I've got everyone beat on kid department so far though, that's what I get for marrying an older man! Melissa has been so good to the rest of us, it was no wonder that she had so many come back to congratulate her. Love you Melissa, you deserve the best!
Melissa me and Mikey!

2 comments:

Natalie Ropelato said...

I love the family pictures of you guys. They turned out sooo cute!

Nicole Beeton said...

It was so good to see you at Melissa's reception! It's been way too long. You have such a cute little family and congratulations on the next little one!